In the year 1930 the Oranjeboom Brewery commissioned the construction of a hotel-café-restaurant. After the design of the Bergse architect F.C. Rampart, the striking building is given a striking design in the style of the Amsterdam School.
Although all hotel rooms were not ready yet, the hotel was opened on 23 May 1931.
After many years and several owners later, Mr. Toine van Isselt has been at the helm for more than 30 years. First from hotel-café-restaurant De Schelde and later called Hotel Tulip Inn Bergen op Zoom.
Where in the beginning with 13 hotel rooms started, there are now more than 80. These are adjacent to the monumental characteristic building, in the Antwerpsestraat & Burgemeester de Roocklaan.
That we distinguish ourselves from standardized hotels is not only because of the design but also because of the dedication of our team. The recognition of the Benelux Tulip Inn of the year 2004 & 2013 title is a recognition that our team is successful and therefore has an incentive to continue to offer our guests the best possible stay in our hotel.